Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Significant Place

The place that is most significant to me I would have to say is the block that I live on today. The reason why my block means so much to me is because I was born and raised on my block the first few years of my life. Being a only child and living with my mom who had to play the role of being both parents was very difficult. Before my sister was born my mom and I were extremely close. I always looked up to my mom even to this day. She put her children before herself. My significant place I would have to say is our significant place. It is a bond that we have knowing that we both shared special moments there. Its is a bond that no one could break. Even though I was such a young child at the time I could remember it like it was yesterday. The smell, taste of certain foods everything. I don't even live that far away from where I use to live as a child. I could even remember how the yard looked too. I have to say that me and mom over the last few years had driven apart because of the struggle I went through. But everytime I am down she pulls out those special pictures and talks about those special moments that we use to have together. My mom is my role model and I want to be like her when I get older because she is a strong women and I want to take after her.

No comments: