Friday, November 14, 2008

My First Semester

My first semester at St. Johns was nothing I would have expected. I thought transferring from a Community College to a University would be the same experience. But comming to St. Johns made me learn alot about myself and about the real world. Kingsborough Community College which was the college I had previously attended was not the experience I would have expected. The people that went there and the teachers especially made the experience not so pleasent. I would have liked if the teachers showed alot more care to the students they were teaching. They would just hand out assignments and not explain them at all, and they left me clueless. The students that attended Kingsborough were rude and didn't have an intrest to get to know anyone. Comming to St. Johns I thought it would be the same because we all know when we enter a new enviroment we all tend to a little nervous. But St. Johns changed my perspective on how I portrayed it to be. The people are so much nicer and the teachers show interest on what they are teaching. If they see we are having a problem they will help us better ourselves. I have to say that I absolutely love St. Johns and I hope my stay here for the next couple of years would grow and be a better experience for me.

No comments: