Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Year 2005

I could remember it just like yesterday when the ball dropped and I was out for New Years Eve . I thought it would be the best year of my life . I had a job , great friends and it was my last year of High School . I had everything I had always wished for . On March 21 , 2005 was the day that changed my life forever . It was a stormy and gloomy day . I had just gotten out of school and was on my way to work . When I got out of worked I glanced at my cellphone and there it was , missed calls from everyone I knew . I had no idea what was going on . I was getting very nervous . I had the sweaty palms , shaking hands and nervousness . As U was driving home I got another phone call and I knew this was the phone callIi would never want to get . It was from a very close friend of mine . I picked up the phone very hesitant not wanting to know what information I was about to recieve . So as I slowly answered the phone , thinking to myself should I or should'nt I answer . I finally answered . It was about my friend Dave . "Dave got shot" "Dave got shot" that's all my friend was saying . I could'nt believe what she was saying , so I laughed and said stop playing around . But she said it again and that's when I knew she wasn't joking . I came home ran upstairs and locked myself in my room . I didnt want to be bothered , I just wanted to be left alone . He was like a brother to me and I could'nt believe this really was happening to me . I just lost my brother , my bestfriend and the only person that got me through anything and everything . Those words still to this day replay in my head "Dave got shot" . I was in denial for a very long time . I was very depressed for a while , blaming myself . The night before he had past away he had called me because he was having problems and wanted to come over and I told him no . I should of said yes , I could of prevented all of this and he would still be in my life to this day . After a while I started to forgive myself and understand that he is in a better place . I am going to be 21 in a few months and I told myself if I could go through this I could handle anything . I still visit him and the thoughts of him will never fade away .

No comments: