Sunday, September 7, 2008

Camping Trip

I have been planning my first camping trip with my friends for as long as I could remember . My three friends and I had planned this camping trip for a couple of weeks and we were all excited to go . We planned this trip for August 15 through the 17 . We all packed like there was no tomorrow . If anything I believed we over packed . It was our first camping trip so we all wanted to make sure that we had everything we needed . We had a tent , grill , blow up beds , food and much more . One of my friends had brought her video camera to capture every funny moment that was going to happen during this weekend of adventure . On August 15 we had woken up bright and early , got the car packed and went on our 2 hour drive to the campsite in Pennsylvania . When we arrived it was 12:00 in the afternoon and that's when we decided to video tape our first funny moment . It was us pitching the tent . I could actually say for four girls going camping for the weekend we did an amazing job . We made lunch and waited to see what the rest of the day would lead us , but little did we know a storm was heading our way . After a few hours of setting everything up it started to pour . we all ran in our tent and waited until the rain had past us . The rain past us and we all made dinner and relaxed played a few games and went to bed early because we had a long second day ahead of us . As we were sleeping I had heard people rummaging through our garbage or so I thought . When we woke up our food and garbage had been eaten by animals . I thought it was the funniest thing in the world . When we woke up the next morning which was bright and early we rented a few bikes and went bike riding on the trails . The scenery was so nice and it was so peaceful . I never thought nature could be so relaxing . Our second day was going perfect . We then made dinner and then went to the lake to go fishing . I could never think four girls camping would make it and have a great weekend like we all did . All I kept thinking was that I didn't want this weekend to end . We met a lot of nice people and we all bonded and got away like we all planned since we didn't get to gone vacation this year . When Sunday finally came we were a little upset that the weekend had flown by so fast , but we were also so happy to finally go home and eat a nice home-cooked meal . I have to say my experience camping couldn't have been so much fun if it wasn't for my friends to be there with me . We all had an amazing time and I would definitely do it again .

No comments: