Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Life Growing Up

Growing up it was very hard for my family . It was my mom , my sister and I living in a small apartment . Things never came easy to us as they do now . My mom fell in love with a man who she thought she would spend the rest of her life with . My grandparents despised him but as always she followed her heart . My mom got married to him and things were going extremely good for the two . But as time went on their relationship became really rocky . Her husband started to go out more , come home at all hours of the night . On December 5, 1987 they gave birth to a little girl named Erica . She was the cutest thing in the world or so I have been told . Things started coming together , but after the birth of my sister who was born on August 22, 1989 things started to get worse . He started with coming home even later or not coming home at all . My mom started to suspect something . He gut feelings were telling her something wasn’t right that there was someone else and as always she was . My mom divorced him because she thought without him being in our lives he couldn’t hurt her and most importantly us . It was rough in the beginning but no matter what she always pulled through with us . She always made it fun . Even thought we didn’t have a lot we had one thing and that was a lot of love . It was very hard for her to support her two children . She always put me and my sister before her no matter what the case may be. So as the months turned into years my mom finally went on a date with a high school friend . He walked into her job and asked her to lunch but little did she know was that they would have clicked perfectly . She thought it was an innocent lunch date , she didn’t think it was serious or he would call . But he did , he wanted to catch up , and meet her two children . He did everything for our family , he took us places , bought us stuff . Even though money didn’t matter to her . She finally felt important for once in her life and so did her children . Our family was being acknowledged . So things started to get serious and finally he asked her to marry him and she said yes . I knew from then on out things were going to be alright . Even though he isn’t my real father I still love him like he is . I have to say he showed me how to live life to the fullest and he made me understand what the meaning of love and life is . I look up to my mom a lot . I have to say she is my role model and she showed me to be strong and to be wise on how to chose a guy . To this day I have not seen my father in over 18 years and I am going to be 21 . I don’t wish to see or speak to him he put my mom through a lot and I don’t think no women should suffer like my mom did . That is why she is my role-model she helped me become a stronger person today and I thank her and my father for raising me to become a good-hearted person .

No comments: